Saturday, October 18, 2008

I'm Back!

Not that I went anywhere, I think I just got blogged out and distracted by other things. I can't believe how long it has been. I have been cooking up new recipes along with new ideas for my revised website that will be launched in November. As well I am organizing some new workshops, which include cooking classes at a new space. Oh and I am getting together the new Squamish Wellness Directory. Wow, a lot of stuff on the go, but I seem to be keeping my focus. In order to keep the recipes going here on the blog I am poaching a recipe from my monthly recipe club. This one is from February. It is a nice warm and satisfying soup. I love chickpeas, they add some "meat" to a veggie soup. Here is a chickpea soup for you to enjoy on a rainy day. 1 large yellow onion, chopped 2 stalks celery, chopped 1 tsp extra virgin coconut oil 1 tsp dried basil 1 tsp dried thyme 1/2 tsp ground kelp 1/2 cup millet 2 cups cooked or 1 can chickpeas, drained and rinsed 2 cups veggie stock 2 cups water 2 cups cauliflower, chopped 2 cups kale, chopped 1/4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
  • Saute onion and celery in a large soup pot with oil for 5 minutes
  • Rinse millet well and add to the pot along with veggie stock, water, herbs, kelp and chickpeas.
  • Bring to a boil, turn down to a simmer and cover for 25 minutes.
  • Stir in kale and cook for 2 more minutes.
  • Serve topped with parmesan.

3 comments:

Meg said...

I have been wanting to try a chickpea soup and this looks awesome!

Anonymous said...

chickpeas are delicious! i hope you get all of your workshops and cooking classes together. it seems like you have a pretty cool job. my major is wellness and it's a mix between fitness and nutrition. i think i'd like doing your job. haha

Astra Libris said...

Mmmm, chickpeas are one of my favorite foods, and your soup looks so delicious!